Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm Still Here!! An Update About My Family and More

 Hi everyone!! It's been a long time. I'm sorry. I really want to keep this blog up, but the holidays made it hard.  And if there's one thing I know, family comes first.  

We had a nice holiday season, although it was very, very sad with my mom.  We all knew it was her last year knowing us, and we all left the room on various occasions so no one would see us crying.  It was especially hard to see that happen to my Dad. He has been so amazing with my mom, and I'm so very proud of him.

Here is a shot from Christmas day:


And other of my sweet babies, just for fun :)



My mother moved to level 3 care, meaning she is at the end stages of the disease. She has progressed more quickly than anyone could imagine, but in a way I'm grateful for that. Of course I wish I had her longer, and I dream many nights a week that she is still "here," but she dreaded this disease and I know she would have rather progressed quickly than slowly.  She is at the point where she can't do any activities of daily living, including feeding, dressing etc.  I don't think she knows me most times I see her, other than maybe as a person she trusts.  She does, strangely, remember my daughter's name.  My lord, she wanted that granddaughter, and it turns out it will be the last name she forgets :)

My mother's mother, also struck with the disease, passed away earlier this month.  She was almost 95, and had it for over ten years.  She was an amazing woman, and I loved her dearly. She lived an incredible life, one that we celebrate more than mourn.  It is just sad that my mother doesn't know she died, wouldn't really understand it I guess.  It just strikes me as so cruel that a disease can take from a person the ability to understand that their mother died.  But no one ever argued that this disease was anything other than cruel.

Anyway, onto something I saw yesterday that I want to share. There is no commission on these, so purchases on't fund research, but I had to show you anyway, in honor of my mom, who loved almost nothing more than (1) handbags and (2) deals!

Here is the original "Bombette" bag by Viktor & Rolf, for $2000:
Here

And then the $68 version - amazing!
These can all be found HERE







___________________________________________ 
a
PS - This stuff is amazing - my can't live without eye serum: 
Click HERE to go to blog post.

_____________________________________________


a
__________________________________________



d
d
Enter your email address to get new posts in your inbox:


a

9 comments:

  1. Stacy I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. You couldn't be more right, this disease is so very cruel. It has no mercy and it is so pointless. My heart goes out to you and your family. I will be praying for all of you. I know it I hard during these times but keep the faith. You are a strong woman.

    Cynthia

    P.S. These handbags are gorgeous. If I could still carry this kind one would be coming to me for sure. I need to use cross body bags now which is fine but I was a HUGE handbag junky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to your family. Good to see you back here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your mother. I work with Alzheimer's patients on a daily basis and my grandmother also had Alzheimer's. Its hard to watch your loved ones slip away right before your eyes. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you continue on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. Very sorry also for the slipping away of your mom...tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy I am so so sorry to hear of your grandmother and of course your mothers deterioration. I cannot imagine how hard it is but sadly I have seen many close to me go through the same thing with one of their parents. It is incredible how quickly it can change ones life. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It is heartwarming to see the pictures of your parents and darling kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This picture of your Mom and Dad is so sweet. Just a guy and his girl... all cuddled up. You have to know that your Mother's comfort level shows that at this moment she is the girl in love with the guy. No wonder your Father looks so comfortable and content.
    Hold tight to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you, Stacy and your precious mom. I'm so very sorry about your grandmother. We are in a very similar place. My wonderful father has Alzheimer's disease, and he has entered the last stages of this horrible disease. This journey has been excruciating! My only saving grace is that he seems unaware of his condition and he doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. I couldn't tolerate that! I will pray for you all and continue to pray for a cure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy, I have tears in my eyes...I'm going through the same thing...My dad and my mom are both having problems....I wish you lived closer...we could cry on each others shoulders...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacy..I am so very sorry about the loss of your grandmother…and sorry that you and your family are going through these very difficult times…I am impressed of your great strength. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete